Yesterday, after 2 attempts, I finally got my daybed made for the office of the upstairs bedroom. It is made from brown wool and a balsa wood frame.
I also cut a long string of Lemax Christmas lights down to 12 and wrapped them around the little Christmas tree. I had some shiny beads that look like Christmas balls (I hope) and glued them on the tree.
I also wired up one Lemax light so that it pops up in the fireplace…
For the curtains, I glued silk fabric to paper and then accordion folded them to look more natural. The paper helps them hold the shape. The curtain rods are actually several layers of cardstock glued together and then glued to the wall with spacers holding them away from the wall slightly. The curtains are then glued to the rod.
The bed is just balsa wood and a few 1/24th scale spindles stained and glued together.
I have just started on the Christmas tree. I plan to add lights and decorations!
The last couple of days I have finished up some trim work for the Gothic House. The open side of the house now has painted white trim on each edge. The front bottom edge of the front of the house has ‘decking’ glued on. The roof edges now have painted trim in place. The roof shingles are still to come.
I made a kitchen table of card stock and a purchased turned spindle. Micheal’s had some wood veneer paper that was easy to cut a table top from. I had to carve some leg supports that are glued to the bottom of the spindle. The spindle, leg supports and bottom of the table are painted black. The wood veneer is glued to the top.
The kitchen sink cabinet now has a counter top of green ‘granite’! Years ago I picked up a brochure for granite counter tops. The pictures of the granite were done on very nice, shiny, heavy paper. So I used the pictures for various miniature projects.
The attic is now glued on with the chimney glued in as well. The trim is painted white and in place as well.
I am finally thinking of making some things for my Etsy shop. My first piece is a bed with a quilted coverlet in 1/24th scale.
I am also deciding on an entry for the fall Seattle Dollhouse Show. Either my half inch scale bakery, for which I have to make a lot of food!, or my 3/4 scale Gothic House, which needs to be fully furnished! Or I could finish one of my little trailers…what to do….
First off, I am nearly finished with my 1/24 scale dollhouse. I am adding some final touches and then it will be ready for the show. I did notice this morning that there are no door handles for the front door! How will anyone be able to get into the house?! (Other then to walk around to the open back…). So I am ordering those today. I also made some plants for the kitchen window sill and a shopping bag for the front entry bench. I have some more things I will make during February.
While browsing the web, I came across this Gothic house that I thought would be good for a french style house. I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived within a few days! I thought it would be closer to 1/24th scale but instead it is 3/4 scale. Not a problem but you cannot buy anything in that scale (except for some vintage items). I can make the furniture and will give a go at bathroom fixtures. I can probably get by with some small versions of 1″ scale things.
I couldn’t wait to assemble the house. There are no instructions except for the parts numbered in assembly order. I really had no problem figuring it out and it went together quickly. I am not using all the parts as they won’t fit the picture of the house I want. My inspiration is from a french blog, Un jour a la campagne. Her site so lovely!
The rooms will be pretty small but then it won’t take much to fill them!
I thought that it would be nice for the bunny inhabitant of my half scale house to have a vocation. He is a photographer! I made this ‘antique’ camera from wood, paper and some watch findings. I found a picture of a camera on Google and basically tried to make mine look like it.
I now have all the rugs done and the lamps all have shades again. The rugs were made by printing off images onto velvet scrapbook paper. I used Microsoft Word to make a document of the rug images that I saved. I resized them to the size I wanted and then printed them out on my color printer. It worked great. I also had to make two new lamp shades as I didn’t like the previous ones. Even now, I am not happy with one of these but until I make a new one I wil keep this one.